The most important activities of this section are two-fold:
- organizing the yearly Entomologendag
- judging for the yearly NEV-Dissertation Award
Registration of the next Entomologendag on 17 December 2021 (conference centre Reehorst, Ede-Wageningen) is now open!
- Registration is possible through the following link: Registration NEV Entomology Day 2021.
Please consider the deadline for registration, including a title and abstract, for an oral presentation is Friday the 3th of December 2021. After that, we can only accept requests for poster presentations.
- Payment occurs through Ticketkantoor: 33e NEV Entomologendag 2021 – Ticketkantoor. The early birds rate expires after the 12th of December.
- Non-NEV members can indicate on the registration form that they want to be NEV member in 2022 (single-reduced membership) and can already go to the entomologendag 2021 using the membership fee (choose Aspirant-lid NEV on the payment site). Prospective members will be approached by the NEV to later pay the reduced fee for NEV-membership in 2022.
Each year since 1989, the Netherlands Entomological Society (NEV in Dutch) organizes the Entomologendag. Usually every 3rd Friday in December, professional and amateur entomologists gather. In parallel sessions in total ca. 40 oral presentations are given, preceded by a plenary lecture held by an invited speaker. Posters are on display throughout the whole day. Three prizes are awarded: the NEV-Poster Price, the UES-MSc Thesisprize and the NEV-Dissertation Award. The winners of the latter two prizes will also present a lecture.
During coffee breaks, lunch and the closing reception there is ample opportunity to establish new contacts and to refresh old ones. The atmosphere is informal and friendly. The number of participants generally is about 150-200. As a rule, presentations are given in English.
For further information, please turn to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2008, each year the NEV offers a Dissertation Award of 1000 Euros (plus a certificate) for the best dissertation in the field of Entomology. The award is handed out on the Entomologendag.
Eligible for the award are dissertations that have been defended during the preceding academic year (1 August – 31 July) at one of the Dutch universities. The section’s board preselects a top-3 of best dissertations and forwards this to the society’s main board for the final verdict.